Re: Installing cygwin by manually copying c:\cygwin to another machine

On 1/16/06, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna@efn.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure what this approach buys you over running setup.exe in
> unattended install mode on a copied local package cache, except
> fragility.

Is there an "unattended" install mode?  I thought that there is no such
thing , because according to
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html :
"Unfortunately setup.exe does not yet support unattended installs."

In fact, that's precisely why I asked the question in the first place:
i needed a way to install cygwin without the need of choosing individual
packages;  and with no need of internet connection ...

Adrian Maier