Re: How to read man pages on nfs-server?

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
Hmmm... well I tried a few more mirrors and still cannot find nfs-server
2.3-4 -- I'll wait some more.

In the mean time, I did a "/usr/bin/find /usr/share | xargs grep -n
nfs-server" and found the README contains a list of files below.

Now how do I, from looking at the README, know how to learn more? I tried
"info nfs", "info nfs-server", "man nfs" and "man nfs-server". None of them
work.

From the README, it looks like there are some man pages. How do I look at
them with the "man" or "info" command?

Thanks,
Siegfried

  /usr/bin/nfs-server-config
  /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd.exe
  /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd.exe
  /usr/sbin/rpc.ugidd.exe
  /usr/sbin/showmount.exe
  /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/nfs-server-2.3-1.README
  /usr/share/doc/nfs-server-2.3/BUGS
  /usr/share/doc/nfs-server-2.3/ChangeLog
  /usr/share/doc/nfs-server-2.3/COPYING
  /usr/share/doc/nfs-server-2.3/NEWS
  /usr/share/doc/nfs-server-2.3/README

The files below are the manpages.

/usr/share/man/man5/exports.5
/usr/share/man/man8/mountd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/nfsd.8
/usr/share/man/man8/showmount.8
/usr/share/man/man8/ugidd.8

you can do the following:

man exports
man mountd
man nfsd
man showmount
man ugidd

You may want to have a look at man man

Chris
--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world