Re: Errors building the FAQ/User's Guide (Attn: xmlto maintainer)?

On 1/11/06, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe I'm up-to-date with xmlto and DocBook on Cygwin.  Still, I was
> unable to build either the user's guide or the FAQ from sources.  Part of
> the problem was a bug in doctool.c (for which I'll send a patch to
> cygwin-patches shortly).  However, even with that bug fixed, I got the
> following error:
>
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd
> /usr/src/cygwin-cvs/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/doc/cygwin-ug-net.sgml:3: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";[]>
>                                                            ^
> (with a bunch of other errors about undefined entities, which, I believe,
> followed from the above).
>
> I traced this down to the /usr/bin/xmlto, which invokes xsltproc with the
> --nonet option.  A question to the xmlto maintainer: is there a particular
> reason this option is being used?
>
> Obviously somebody was able to successfully build the FAQ and User's
> guide.  Was this using Cygwin?  If so, what versions of xmlto and the
> various DocBook packages were used?

I build everything but the PDFs on Cygwin. Is your issue related to
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-10/msg00065.html
I.e., you have docbook-xml42 installed? It might help to send info as at
http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html