fetchmail syntax error on mda line

Running winxp home with cygwin
fetchmail release 6.2.5+NTLM+SSL+NLS

Just now setting up fetchmail/procmail after a previous unsuccessfull
attempt some mnths ago.  I posted here on the earlier attempt and
received helpfull replies that are now somewhat dated I
suppose. (7/11/2005)

In that response it was suggested to use a line like:
   mda "/usr/bin/*procmail* -f %F -d %T"

To pass mail to procmail.

Last time around my circumstances changed at about the time I was
working on this and I was able to return to my home linux setup where
I better understand how to set up these tools.

Now I'm back in a situation requiring me to work with winxp so back in
the soup.

Cutting to the chase:  Using the `mda' line posted above I get a
syntax error:

  Harry > fetchmail -v -c
  fetchmail:/cygdrive/c/users/harry/.fetchmailrc:4: syntax error at MDA

cat .fetchmailrc (with protected passwd etc)
----
  set logfile /cygdrive/c/harry/t/var/log/fetchmail.log
  ## Set procmail as mail delivery agent
  # MDA /usr/bin/procmail -d %T
  mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F -d %T"

  ## reader@newsguy
  poll pop.newsguy.com proto POP3 user xxxxx password xxxxx

  ## harryp@newsguy
  poll pop.newsguy.com proto POP3 user xxxxx password xxxxx

  ## poll pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com proto POP3 user hgreader@sbcglobal.net password xxxxx
  poll pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com proto POP3 user xxxxx password xxxxx
----