Q: How to have cygwin start as the whole screen?

An earlier version of Cygwin I installed starts taking up
the whole screen with multiple shells. The current version
starts with a single terminal window in what appears to be
a "multiwindow" mode.

I have looked at the man pages for xinit and some others,
but have not found how to open it the original way, which I
prefer (when I run Cygwin, I want to see nothing but
Cugwin!).

My guess is that I would have to specify the geometry of
the shell windows I want to open, but am unsure how to do
this.

Is there any documentation about this? (I'm sure there is,
but I just haven't looked in the right place or in the
right way.)

Thanks,

Martin Cohen