Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

Corinna Vinschen writes:

> On Dec 30 17:23, Brett Serkez wrote:
> > I have rsync working over ssh on Cygwin.
>
> Me too.  I'm using the standard version of rsync, so I guess the
> socketpair call is still in use.

I never managed to reproduce that problem, neither, on any of my hosts.
(and I always use rsync over ssh, almost never as a daemon)

Brett Serkez writes:
While use of socketpair() may be a better method, use of pipe() does
work and I'd request that the rsync package maintainer please rebuild
the package with this build option change and reissue the package so all
can benefit.
I may well produce such a package, but I wonder if it would work on all people or not.
Maybe it could be marked as a "test" package so that people could install it only explicitly clicking on version number, in setup.

Lapo