Hope this topic isn't taboo yet

We have cygwin for running Ab Initio on a Windows 2K Adv server, and
yes, we're in the dreaded h_y_p_e_r-t_h_r_e_a_d_e_d zone.  From browsing
the list archives and the kinds of problems people report, I'd say we've
been lucky... except... from time to time our CPU utilization on that
machine just spikes to red levels for no [other] apparent reason.

My inclination is to turn HT off; the machine is also running SQL Server
which claims to like it but I very much doubt we're getting any huge
benefit from it.

Interested in the thoughts of the real cygwin cognoscenti, of which I am
most certainly NOT one.

David C. Frier, CISSP
  Project Manager, CIBER EFIW PS Team
  Phone: +1-585-423-1415 (8*223-1415)