Re: 2.510.2.2: bash won't open after install

This morning, I tried to reinstall everything and see if that would
make a difference.  It did not seem to matter though.  I have attached
both the setup.log and setup.log.full files to this message.  It
appears that none of the postinstall scripts (which are all called
using bash) are running on this server.

The 00ash.sh which looks like it is supposed to copy the bash.exe to
sh.exe does not appear to be doing anything, nor does an error get
generated anywhere either.  I still do not have a sh.exe file in the
/bin directory.

According to the installer application, I am trying to install bash
version 3.0-14.

----------------------------

OK - now here is some weirdness to add to the mix, which hopefully
will give someone the information they need to answer my question.

I ran 'strace bash > bashtrace.out' to collect data off of that in
case it was asked for, and the bash prompt came up!  I was then able
to run all of the post installation scripts manually.  All of the
files in the /etc directory were created properly.  Then, I opened my
bash shell window using the shortcut on the desktop successfully too.

Thinking that everything was now fine, I close both the cmd window
running strace and the bash window, and the old habit was once again
displayed.  The bash window flashed on the screen and went away.

So, I opened up a new cmd window, reran 'strace bash > bashtrace.out',
got a new bash prompt in that window and was then able to once again
launch bash from its shortcut on the desktop.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Nick