Re: Please try a snapshot - final push for 1.5.19

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 03:01:17PM -0500, David Arnstein wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 12:17:09PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >> I've been having problems with "fork: resource unavailable" on my machine
> >> with the 10/03 snapshot.  The problem is only reproducible after Cygwin
> >> has been running for a while, under a heavy load.  I'll try to see if it
> >> appears under the 12/20 snapshot, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to
> >> reproduce it in time for the release.  I know this isn't much of a bug
> >> report, but this is just a heads-up.
> >
> >I have been plagued by this problem for monthes now. I don't have a
> >solution, but here is a bash shell script that will reproduce the
> >problem. It is checking every file in its argument list. It is most
> >likely to cause the problem when presented with a long argument list.
> >I like to exercise it by launching it from C:\Windows as
> >	undupe.sh *
>
> Wow.  Two replies to my request for testing the current snapshot.  The
> first talks about a two-month old snapshot and the second doesn't
> provide any details about whether this is a problem with the current
> snapshot or not.
>
> Not what I'd call an auspicious start.

Okay, I was wrong.  I did reproduce the problem with essentially the same
strace under the 12/20 snapshot (sorry, still not the latest, but I'm
building a debug version of cygwin1.dll from cvs HEAD now).  More details
when I have them.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/