Re: Setting cygwin permissions from Windows programs

Steve Holden schrieb:

Is there any way to set permissions on the output files from the Windows side that will result in predictable permissions when the output tree is viewed from Cygwin?

A Python recipe would be useful, but I'll take what I can get!

Cygwin doesn't have an own management of permissions. So any program that modifies permission in Windows will be able to change permissions for cygwin files. cacls and xcacls are command line tools from windows. Don't know how this would be usually done in python.