Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

On Dec 12 11:59, David Rothenberger wrote:
> > But I can't reproduce this grep problem since I'm unable to start the
> > above grep.  The grep submenu is entirely greyed out when I look into
> > it.
>
> I didn't mention the grep submenu. Here's a set of more detailed
> instructions.
>
> Here they are again:
> 1. From a CMD.EXE shell, type
>    c:\cygwin\bin\bash -lc 'setsid xemacs -q'
> 2. In XEmacs, press ALT-x (hold ALT key, press x key, release x key,
>    release ALT key)

Doesn't work for me because Alt-X is bound to a KDE command, that's
the reason I tried the menu.  It seems that Esc-X works, though, but
then...

> 3. XEmacs will prompt for a command. The prompt will already have
>    "grep -n ". Just add (without quotes) "-i system /etc/passwd" and
>    then press Enter.

...this doesn't work either.  After pressing Esc-X, I'm in the last
line of the emacs window.  The line just has a "M-x" prompt.  When
I enter "grep" and then press the space key, I get "[no match]". I'm
completely unable to enter a useful command at this point.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.