Emacs and 'alarm clock'

It is from a few days that I have noted the following Emacs (started from
X) behaviour.

When one uses the commands:

   M-x compile (or M-x recompile) : make Mars clean

(M-x stands for ALT-x, Mars is the application to build or rebuild), in
the compilation buffer, Emacs writes:

-----------------------

   cd ~/Applications/Gravitation/       # -*-compilation-*-
   Entering directory `~/Applications/Gravitation/'
   make Mars clean

   Compilation alarm clock at Sun Dec 11 15:10:14
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----------------------

The mode line being

--:** *compilation* All (5,46)  (Compilation:signal [14]) ----------

and the build does not starts! Repeating 3 or 4 times then it starts.

The date is that when the command was given.

There are not warning or errors mesage.

This behaviour makes hard to work.

Before I never knew the existence of 'alarm clock' in Emacs (the manual
says that it has to do with agenda or diary that I never used).

They are at least 6 months that I have installed emacs-21.3.50-2 without
having these 'allarm clocks' and all worked.

Does Emacs write some of its configuration in other place apart from
~/.emacs?

Could that depend on the fact I use a cygwin snapshot (20051210 12:10:31)?

I send cygcheck and .emacs* if it can help.

Ciao,

   Angelo.