Re: rysnc hangs when backing up multiple /cygdrive/* dirs

Jim Kleckner wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>

>> I don't know why, but it is working now. I exluded the .lnk files and
>> backup the d drive folder separately first. Then I included other
>> directories to backed up. Now I am backing up only '/cygdrive/d/sukh
>> /cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings' and it seems tobe working great.
>> Well, not 100% great, I am posting that problem in a different post
>> shortly.
>

> There is a deadlock when "pulling".  Try "pushing".
>
> See http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00263.html
> and lots of discussion about this via Google.
>
> Jim

I think something else may be the problem. How does rsync handle the
Windows Shortcuts? And how does it handle the tmp files with weird
filename (MS Word tmp files are named like ~$adfuoiuwer.tmp, e.g.)?

When I got rid of the shortcuts on a user's desktop and all MS Word tmp
files in her folders, rsync began to work.

Please see my other post (Re: permissions problem cygwin<-->Linux) about
what steps I took and rsync began to work.

->HS