Re: How to improve scp speed?

In 438D6EE0.1000406@gmx.de">news:438D6EE0.1000406@gmx.de,
Holger Krull typed:
> The low speed of ssh and scp is not because of the encyption.
> The problem is the 64K limit for the window size in  the protocoll.
> Further information and a patch can be found here:
>
> http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/

I think we all know that encryption is a factor.  The site still states :
   The improvement will also be highly influenced by the capacity of the
processor to perform the encryption and decryption. Less computational
expensive ciphers will often provide better throughput than more complex
ciphers.

And they add a new '-z' switch to get higher throughput without encryption.

But, it is interesting to see how much more throughput they get with their
buffer tuning.

Cary