Re: Domain change: permission denied in sshd

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Ludovic Drolez wrote:

Hi !

We use opensshd to remote admin windows systems. But If the SID is changed we have the following problems:
- I can log in but we can see 'Could not chdir to home directory /home/Administrateur: Permission denied'. And key based auth works even if the home directory is not readable (?!)
- There's no way to update /etc/passwd via ssh to update the SID: Permission denied
- So the only way seems to manually update the file from Windows :-(

Right. If the SID that owned the file no longer exists, that's a Windows thing and the most efficient way to deal with it is from Windows. Just take ownership of the directory tree.

Since the SID change is done with Sysprep, we have now a script which updates /etc/passwd during sysprep. Just updating with the new SID works !

Cheers,

-- Ludovic DROLEZ Linbox / Free&ALter Soft http://lrs.linbox.org