Re: X Copy/Paste ?

Roy Wiseman wrote:

> A quick question, and I have a feeling this is asked
> regularly, but I couldn't find an answer on searching
> the forum.
>
> How can I copy/paste to/from xterm to another xterm
> windows and also how can I copy/paste to/from an xterm
> window and a windows application like say notepad ?

Since this is a X11-related question it really belongs on the
cygwin-xfree (at) cygwin.com mailing list, where I've CC:d it.

The X11 clipboard and windows clipboard are integrated.  You don't have
to do anything special to copy/paste between them.  In rxvt and xterm,
selecting text with the mouse also selects it, so you can just Ctrl-V in
Notepad.  To paste in rxvt / xterm you normally use the middle mouse
button (which can sometimes be emulated on 2 button mice by pressing
both at the same time) or by pressing Shift-Insert.  You can find more
details in the manpages.

Brian