Re: problem with displaying graphical chars in mc under rxvt (CYGWIN=codepage:oem didnt fix it)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>
> >   You can get a font with line drawing characters here:
> >   http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/bashprompt/luconP.zip
>
> This is a 404, I think Charles shut down his site in 2004.  For the sake
> of the archives, you can get this at
> <http://dessent.net/tmp/luconP.zip>.

Thanks for the headsup. I'll fix this in the next release.

> >   This font must be used together with the 'rxvt-cygwin-native' terminfo
> >   entry. This terminfo entry is provided by the Cygwin terminfo database.
>
> I don't know what the difference between "rxvt-cygwin" and
> "rxvt-cygwin-native" is, but they both seem to work for me.

There is a small difference in the description of the acsc capability. You
can diff them by yourself using the output of infocmp. And after all
rxvt-cygwin-native is supposed to be used when rxvt is using W11 instead
of X11.

Anyway the point of my last email was that the information is available in
the MC readme file.