Re: AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries

Chris Taylor wrote:

It's not *directly* editing the registry. As a sysadmin, I'm telling you it *is* different.
The (l)user should *never* be allowed to edit the registry themselves. That's a recipe for disaster.
In my book, this includes so-called junior sysadmins/techs/whatever.

No one should be allowed to make software which puts the (l)user in the position
of having to use registry tools. But, this will not happen. For example, it is practically impossible to use Windows outside a corporate environment without installing something from SBC which habitually messes up the registry.