Re: Cron Problems with Cygwin

CWS Informatics [Sas] wrote:
I am not sure what else you want based on reporting guidelines. I
attached the cygcheck file though.

Thanks. I was also looking for details about your failing cron commands.

As for what I am trying to do:

We have a bunch of old Unix scripts and software that we need to keep
running for awhile. These need to run every x minutes for y range of hours during the day.
The scripts and software produce the results we are looking when run
from the command line in Cygwin.

There is nothing but "Cron Started [<number>]" in the cron log.

So it sounds like cron thinks everything is fine.

Thank you.

OK, then let's go back to basics.  Clear your crontab out of everything but
the following line:

1 * * * * /bin/echo "hi" >/tmp/cron.out

Do you get a /tmp/cron.tab with "hi" in it after a minute?  If so, then you
need to look at your originalcrontab commands and figure out which ones
are causing you the problem.  From the output, it would suggest that you're
invoking 'cmd' for something.  That may be causing you some problem.  If
you don't get any output with the simple crontab file, you probably want to
uninstall and reinstall the cron package, reading
'/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README' immediately after installing.

Holliston, MA 01746