Re: rxvt as Bash login console

David Christensen wrote:

> Yes, that's better.  :-)  But, I still like Cygwin Bash's use of gray for text,
> white for bolding, cyan (?) in perldoc pages, etc., and the way I can control
> things via the DOS box Properties.  But, I have and will use rxvt for "top" on
> Debian 3.1 until the extraneous newline issue gets fixed.

You can configure rxvt to do all that too.

       colorn: colour
              Use the specified colour for the colour value n, where 0-7
              corresponds  to  low-intensity  (normal)  colours and 8-15
              corresponds to high-intensity (bold =  bright  foreground,
              blink  =  bright background) colours.  The canonical names
              are as follows: 0=black, 1=red, 2=green, 3=yellow, 4=blue,
              5=magenta,  6=cyan,  7=white,  but the actual colour names
              used are listed in the COLORS AND GRAPHICS section.

       colorBD: colour
              Use the specified colour to display bold  characters  when
              the foreground colour is the default.

       colorUL: colour
              Use  the specified colour to display underlined characters
              when the foreground colour is the default.

       colorRV: colour
              Use the specified colour as  the  background  for  reverse
              video characters.

Brian