gcc, very high template-depth

Hello,

I try to compile polymake on cygwin.

Compiling works fine as long as cc1plus does not occupy more memory than I have RAM (ca. 750 MB) on my machine. After this it gets of course really slow.

I think the problem is, that polymake uses templates very heavy and compiles with --ftemplate-depth-200.

When I reduce the value as much to resolve my memory problems, I get of course errors about template-depth not high enough.

I must confess I am rather not a expert for gcc, therefore can I do something to reduce memory consumptions or any other tricks to compile polymake? I have tried the optimization parameters -O -O1 -03.

On Linux it seems to compile with even less RAM than I have.

Polymakes home :
   http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/polymake/
Source Distribution :
   http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/polymake/download/polymake-2.1.0.tar.bz2