Re: boost, boost_unit_test_framework

VÃclav Haisman wrote:

/usr/lib/libboost_date_time-gcc-mt-s-1_33.a* /usr/lib/libboost_date_time-gcc-mt-s.a*

This is called 'versioned' layout.

In my build scripts I would still like to be able to specify
-lboost_date_time and not -lboost_date_time-gcc-mt-s. Is it the
intention of the maintainer of the cygwin boost package that I should
make a symbolic link (ln -s libboost_date_time.a
libboost_date_time-gcc-mt-s.a) to the library that I want to use?

You can either add the links or you can have something like BOOST_SUFFIX=-gcc-mt-s and use -lboost_date_time${BOOST_SUFFIX}.

Ok. I didn't think of using a suffix like you suggest. It looks nice and I am going to use it in my build scripts.

Another question regarding the cygwin boost package is why the test
libraries are missing?

Because its build is broken on Cygwin.

Have the test libraries worked in any previous version of boost for Cygwin? If so, is there any way that I can install that version instead?

:.:: mattias