Re: Why is setup.exe so difficult? Am I missing something?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 03:20:48PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>If you don't see subversion in the list then it means the mirror you
>selected is not a full mirror.  It is my understanding that all the
>mirrors presented in the stock list are supposed to be full mirrors that
>are all within a day of being up-to-date.  I've never personally
>experienced this scenario of a broken mirror but apparently people run
>into it.

I'll reiterate that the mirrors list is checked twice a day for accuracy
so the only way that a mirror could be out-of-date is if you don't specify
it from the list of mirrors but, instead, use one that isn't in the list.

Maybe setup.exe could check to see if the mirror that users specify is
in the list of mirrors and issue an error if it isn't.  That might cut
down on people reporting "bad mirrors".

>> * Duplication a cygwin environment from machine to machine
>>
>> This is critical for development consistency.  We had to download the
>> entire package set,
>
>This is possible and takes a bit of work, but is not that difficult.
>There are several ways of doing this, and they are all discussed in the
>mailing list archives.

And, it's not really a setup.exe goal...

cgf