Re: Uninstall some category

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > >[snip]
> > >
> > >OK. But other categories can contain some packages with new versions
> > >of some utilities. If I don't want to update those utilities, should
> > >I set "Keep" in *each* utility?
> >
> > You should be able to select the "Keep" radio button above the list of
> > packages to do that
>
> This is the point. Here are list of options for categories (while
> "Download without installing"):
> * Install
> * Reinstall
> * Uninstall
> So, the "Keep" option is missing.

Note that Larry did not say 'the "Keep" option for other categories' -- he
said 'the "Keep" radio button *above* the list of packages'.  Look
carefully, you'll see it there (along with "Prev", "Curr", and "Exp").
Selecting "Keep" will not install any updates automatically.

> > but your option is also viable, though perhaps more tedious, depending
> > on the number of packages you have installed.
>
> Of course, I don't want to that for each relevant utility.

Obviously -- that's why the "Keep" mode was introduced in the first place.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/