RE: Automake version 1.4 in CygWin vs. current Automake 1.9.2 ...

Mine never worked either...

> I just manually mucked with the symbolic links in
> /etc/alternatives to get past this since I didn't have time
> to figure out the real problem or the right way.

So, I tried to 'fix' the links manually but didn't
realize this could not (just) be done in the /usr/bin
directory so missed those over in /etc/alternatives

Thanks for the help -- mine is working minimumally
now. (Better anyway...)

> Corrections welcome.

I still received this out to:  ./autogen.sh

$ ./autogen.sh
/usr/share/aclocal/libsmi.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBSMI
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
/usr/share/aclocal/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_CPPUNIT

I don't know if the above is serious or not -- but
it troubling....

BUT ./configure was created (and ran); in fact
these files were updated in the current directory
for the package I am trying to config/make:

 250203 Sep 30 13:46 aclocal.m4
      0 Sep 30 13:46 autom4te.cache
      0 Sep 30 13:46 doc
      0 Sep 30 13:46 m4