RE: 1.5.x: Windows 2003 - no console output

> You are on extremely shakey ground with this.  Having more than one copy
> of cygwin1.dll on your system is a VERY bad idea unless you know exactly
> what you're doing.  I strongly recommend that you stick to official
> Cygwin packages.  If you must use something packaged by a third party,
> then delete any cygwin1.dll that it installs and make sure that the one
> in \cygwin\bin is in the path.

Well, I still got only 1 copy of cygwin. I installed the other app, tried to
get it to work, then installed cygwin over it to be sure to be up to date
with it. I know that's not a supported way to get cygwin to work, but you
know what desperate admins/proggers can do :)

Due to your remark however, I double checked for the presence of only 1
cygwin1.dll. I also deinstalled copSSH and did a fresh install of cygwin
(cygcheck attached).

> the bash,
> ls, etc. binaries that are being found in your path are not the Cygwin
> ones but whatever junk is under \Program Files\copssh.

I like to think that is normal if CopSSH claims it's a stripped cygwin.

> And you have an empty mount table!

That must have happened in the process while tampering wit hit (remember
'desperate'. Yes I tweaked the registry. Yes I removed the Cygnus entries.
No, I don't feel guilty).

> And your PATH is set to an invalid value (Path =`Path=C:\Progr...).

Ok, looks like an ugly typo happened there. It only affects that first PATH
entry though.

> And you apparently have no package database.

I cygchecked on a CopSSH install. Appearantly, it does not install/update a
package database.

> I have no idea what this copssh thing is, but it's not supported by this
> list and it's obvious that it doesn't coexist peacefully with Cygwin at
> all.

You come exactly to my point. The only reason I have tried al those packages
(OpenSSH on Windows, CopSSH and sec cygwin) is they all give me no relieve.
Sure enough, at first I always deinstalled previous cygwins, before
installing new ones, up till the point I tried updating CopSSH with a cygwin
install (did I just hear a 'yuck!' in the background?).

I'll be very clear on this: I'm *not* seeking support for any other package
than cygwin! I'm seeking support to just get cygwin running.

Therefore, to conclude, I have wiped out the CopSSH and tried a fresh cygwin
install (did I mention I have tried that already multiple times? :) ). The
cygcheck attached is from that one.

Now, my problem, as it did the previous n times, persists: I cannot get any
cygwin tool to generate output. I *can* get all apps to run within strace.
Hell, I can even work my way through almost the whole ssh-host-config this
way! But sadly, nothing runs on my cmd.exe, not even bash.

Igor