emacs broken after running rebaseall

Hello,

I have encountered a problem running emacs under cygwin after running
the rebaseall utility.  When I run emacs it will load and appear to run
normally, but when I try to run any command it hangs and spins up the CPU.

I experience a similar problem running emacs with the X11 libraries
under kde-cygwin.  Only the emacs window never appears and it still
spins up the CPU.

I have tried to capture an strace of running emacs X11 and the process
appears to die, but still spins up the CPU.

I have searched for evidence of others having the same problem and have
found that I am not alone, but there appears to be no resolution.

I had encountered this problem before (on another machine) after rebase
was upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3 and found that reverting to 2.2 fixed the
problem.  I have tried executing rebaseall with various versions of the
rebase package (2.2-3, 2.3-1, 2.4.2-1), but none of them seem to help.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean