Re: MKPASSWD on multi-domain systems

On Sep 20 13:03, James.Bassett@txu.com wrote:
> >On Sep 20 09:35, James.Bassett@txu.com wrote:
> >> Greetings
> >>  I have been searching the mailing lists and googeling every thing in
>
> >> site but have not found exactly what I need.  I saw in one post where
>
> >> mkpasswd had trouble when the PC was a member of one domain and the
> >> users logged into another.  This is the same problem we are having.
> >> I verified this by setting up a PC on the users domain.  I could then
>
> >> make mkpasswd work.  The same PC on the PC domain could not find the
> >> domain controller.
> >> Has this issue been resolved? I have tried the -d -u with userID
> >> Domain and I have tried both domains.
> >
> >I'm not sure I understand.  You tried `mkpasswd -d -u userId domain'
> >on the command line?  And the error message was?  I guess something
> >with "Access denied" in it?
> >
> >The problem is that so far we don't have anybody who would be able to
> >test mkpasswd/mkgroup in a multi-domain/trusted-domain environment
> >*and* would be willing and able to fix mkpasswd/mkgroup to work as
> >expected in such an environment.  So this apparently boils down to
> >
> >http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI
> >http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC
> >

> >Corinna
> >
> >--
> >Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin
> >Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> >Red Hat, Inc.
>
> What I get is 'Cannot find PDC. Code = 2453'.
> I would be willing to test and feedback (we have this type of domain set
> up) but I am afraid my programming days were 20 years ago.  I wouldn't
> mind taking a stab at it though I would need lots of guidance.
> Jb

I've checked in some changes to mkpasswd and mkgroup, which hopefully
help in trusted domain environments and which also are supposed to
allow giving AD domains as domain parameter, e.g example.org instead
of just the NetBIOS version EXAMPLE.

Could you try mkpasswd.exe and mkgroup.exe from the latest developers
snapshot, 2005-09-22, from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, please?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.