RE: strange behavior of bash

----Original Message----

"%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;c:\matlab6p5\
bin\win32;C:\PROGRA~1\ULTRAE~1;%HTC_PIC%\BIN;;C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin\"

  Get rid of that double-semicolon between %HTC_PIC%\BIN and the GTK path.

> There is nothing special, the same PC with same path variables run
> cygwin no problem. I just get confused why this behavior happens, and
> with invoke --login parameter.

Meaning this behaviour ?

>>  If I type "bash" in any other directories, the bash promote can be
>> shown successfully and I can use bash environment.
>>
>>  If I type "bash" in my home directory, it just hangs for seconds and
>> back to dos promote and nothing happened. Alternatively "bash --login"
>> has same behavior.

  You must have a file called bash in your home directory, and that empty
component between the two double-semicolons counts as adding '.' to your
$PATH in POSIX.

    cheers,
      DaveK