Re: Intermittent scp crash on completion, Win98 SE, snapshot

On 9/6/05, Aaron Humphrey wrote:
> I tried a few times on the weekend, but no success yet.  The first time,
> strace crashed right away, leaving me with an unkillable error window,
> which left me gunshy for a couple of days.  When I tried it again this
> morning, it did much the same thing, except that the error window only
> popped up twice--once with an error in cygwin1.dll, once with an error in
> kernel32.dll.  There was something in the strace file, but considering that
> scp didn't even get to the point of prompting me for my password(I should
> perhaps mention that I'm using password authentication, rather than
> publickey), I didn't think it was likely to be the same problem.  Any other
> suggestions on dealing with the original issue, or even the strace crash?

Wait a minute, I just saw the thing about using the "-p" option to
strace.  Teach
me to read the manpage a little more closely.  I'll try that this
evening, starting
the strace after the password prompt, and see if that works any better.

--
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Richard Séguin:Vagabondage