Re: 1.5.18-1: Crash launching COMMAND.COM (W98)

Nay, the crash well and truly persists even with correct application
of the 2005-09-01 snapshot, though I thank Brian and Christopher
for their encouragement.  I've tried to carefully isolate the issue
to Cygwin (see below), and believe the June fix was insufficient
for my environment.

Anyone else willing to take a crack at helping me discover whether
a flaw persists in Cygwin or if there remains something unusual
with my environment?

MY DUE DILIGENCE
-----------------
Please note, I made sure I had the most recent release (1.5.18-1)
before ever mailing this list.  I also tried putting the snapshot
CYGWIN1.DLL directly into my C:\Cygwin directory, yet the failure
persisted.  Only then did I attempt a "clean" run of the cygwin-inst
tar ball, ensuring I had no old cruft and only fresh snapshot binaries.
For reference, my former posts are at:

I suppose the most convincing test would be to do a completely clean
install from setup.exe, and if it yet fails, a clean install of
Windows 98 itself.  (shudder)

          - Sean