Re: crontab

Jean-Michel Douchain wrote:

> "Ah, that may explain it.  Is G: a network drive?"
>
> That's right. It's a Dos network drive, and in fact, the response of "ls" is
> very long.
> I installed cygwin for all users.
> So I don't know how to manage because my script works
> by hand!! What are the differents between the cron and the handy execution??
> Perhaps including a loop to wait for the answer, will solve my bug??

The answer is in the link that Igor gave you.  This FAQ perhaps should
be split up into two questions, or at least be made more clear that
there are two problems being addressed in the answer.  The first part
about user/system mounts is not your problem.  Read the second part of
the answer, and read the 'ntsec' part of the manual for the full
explanation.  When cron runs your job, it is running as SYSTEM
impersonating the user account that owns the crontab.  During
impersonation, the user's password is not available and so non-public
network shares are not available.

Brian