Updating Cygwin without X

Whenever I go to update my installation of Cygwin, setup prompts me to
install all X-related things, including fontconfig, freeglut,
freetype, libfontconfig, libfreetype, X-startup-scripts, xorg-X11-*,
and xterm.  I'm not interested in installing these, and so every time
I run setup I have to manually go through and deselect them all just
to update gawk or somesuch.  Obviously, at some point I installed
something (probably just a library that I thought I'd need someday but
have never used) which Cygwin thinks requires X.

I've tried uninstalling a few things I don't use, but so far no luck.
How can I find out what it is that is causing this i.e., which item
has this X dependency?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for Cygwin,
Dave Conrad