Re: rxvt: `info' dumpes core when rxvt is resized

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Franz Haeuslschmid wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I lately observe that `info' when invoked within `rxvt' happens to fail
> > due to a segmentation fault.
> > [snip]
> > The way to reproduce this behaviour on my
> > system is to start `rxvt' and opening the info documentation for info:
> >
> >   haeuslsc@pan ~
> >   $ info info
> >
> > When I now try to resize the window height of `rxvt' (it doesn't
> > matter, whether I want to increment or decrement the size), `info'
> > quits stating that
> >
> >   Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > happened.
>
> I can confirm this.  It also happens in an xterm, and in the regular
> console with CYGWIN=tty.  Looks like a bug in SIGWINCH handler in info.
> FWIW, the actual info page doesn't matter -- just typing "info" is enough.

I forgot to mention that explicitly sending SIGWINCH (using "kill -WINCH")
doesn't trigger the problem.  Also, this doesn't seem to happen when
changing the width/height of the window by 1-2 lines/columns, only when
the window is resized by larger amounts (5-10 lines/columns).  Either
height or width resizing triggers this.

> Since I snipped the cygcheck output, "info --version" shows "info (GNU
> texinfo) 4.8".
>
> Strace doesn't show anything useful (IMO), but I could attach the tail end
> of it (after the SIGWINCH) if anyone's interested.
>
> Since this is not an X-specific issue, I'm redirecting this to the main
> Cygwin list.  Please send replies ther.
                                        ^e
HTH,
	Igor