Re: Permissions on .ssh/id_rsa

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Aug 18 12:39, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

To me it's just not natural to think of having ntsec without smbntsec. I forget what, if any, issues might have been involved. I
can't think of a situation where you'd want Cygwin to honor ntsec but not honor smbntsec...

When the SMB server doesn't reflect the permissions correctly,

IMHO then that problem should be corrected.

That's a good idea. I'm sure the Samba team will happily consider patches.

Ah, I see. I was confused. I thought that by SMB server what was meant was Microsoft's own SMB based service - not the OpenSource Samba Server running on Linux. Still I believe that defaults should be set for common situations. Is it more common that a Cygwin user on a Windows box is dealing with SMB mounts from a Windows Server or a Linux Server using Samba.

In any event I do indeed use a Linux machine at home and do use Samba to share things. I also use smbntsec. I haven't seen any problems but since I have Linux I tend to just ssh there and work with the command line there directly. Can you describe or point to these problems in Samba and how they manifest themselves?
--
If I melted dry ice, could I swim in it and not get wet?