Re: Subversion 1.2.0: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL

Alexey Lyubimov wrote:
Hello Max!
Thank you for the "/cygdrive/c" advice. It works for
SVN import, but it doesn't work for SVN co :(
I've post the question about the local repositories
under Win98 to Subversion forum and got the following
answer from Ben Collins-Sussman:

"The problem is that the svn_repos_open() call tries
to take out a shared lock on a particular file, and
win98 doesn't support shared locks. It turns out that
this feature is only necessary for BDB repositories
(so that 'svnadmin recover' can grab an exclusive lock
on the same file). What we need to do is change that
function to *not* attempt to grab shared locks if the
repository is FSFS. I don't think anyone has gotten
around to it yet. :-/"

Will you provide a patch for Win98 users? Friends of
mine and me have several Win98 boxes and we are ready
to test the patch! Reading the SVN forum I know that
we are not alone :)

I've started a discussion over on dev@subversion.t.o

Unfortunately, I don't have *any* Win9x machines [hmm.... did I just say *un*fortunately? :-) ], so I'm totally incapable of testing this myself.

Max.