Re: mc 4.6.1 - background not working

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> Hello,

> > > Because using the subshell  leaves stale subshell processes and each
> > > time I start to debug this problem I get nowhere due to lack of time.
> >
> > I didn't notice this problem. Are you sure it's still there?
>
> Yes. I've just verified it - MC from ssh session to Cygwin machine and
> MC from withing rxvt (non-X) both leave stale shells.

Yesterday I've submitted a patch to the Cygwin dll which fixes the stale
subshell problem. It will be available in the next official Cygwin
release - in the meantime you can try a snapshot built after August 17.
Once an official Cygwin is out I'll update the MC package to have the
subshell enabled by default.