Subversion 1.2.0: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL

Hello!
I'm running Cygwin on Win98SE and the problem is that
I can not even import any project to the successfully
created local SVN-repository:

$ svnadmin create c:/svnroot/

$ svnadmin verify c:/svnroot/
* Verified revision 0.

$ svn import c:/foo/ file:///c:/svnroot/
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///c:/svnroot'

Is there any solution? I know, that I can not keep
local repository under "plain" Win98. Does Cygwin port
of the Subversion 1.2.x have the same restriction?

----
Best regards,
Alexey Lyubimov

http://mail.yahoo.com