Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

can someone please just tell me what to do in the debugger to try and diagnose the problem? the DEBUG text was not useful to me. I am happy to work on this, but I am afraid I need very explicit gdb instructions. thanks... Eli

From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
CC: jbuehler@spirentcom.com, emacs_user@hotmail.com,cygwin@cygwin.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:27:11 -0400

    When GC encounters a fatal inconsistency in the Emacs data structures,
    it is generally unsafe to say anything, since that could easily cause
    a nested fatal signal.

It would also not be very useful, since any info we could put into
such an error message could be quickly discovered by a little
investigation with a debugger.