RE: tar broken on 1.5.18 and newer

----Original Message----

  Tar WJFFM too:

--------------------------------<snip!>--------------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\dk>tar
tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' options
Try `tar --help' for more information.

C:\Documents and Settings\dk>
--------------------------------<snip!>--------------------------------

  I'm using a fairly recent cvs build (20050804).

  If I were you I'd suspect that Symantec/Norton software that was blocking
your earlier email! :-P

[ ... with apologies to the South Park movie  ]

Sheila:   Times have changed
   Our software's getting worse
   It won't obey our commands
   It just wants to crash and burn

Sharon:   Should we blame the government?
Liane:    Or blame society?
Dads:     Or should we blame the images we install from CD?

Sheila:   No, Blame Symantec!
Everyone: Blame Symantec!
Sheila:   With all their beady little eyes
   And their firewall full of lies
Everyone: Blame Symantec!  Blame Symantec!

Sheila:   We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Symantec's fault!

Sharon:   Don't blame me
   For my son Stan
   He used their anti-virus
   And now he's off to join the Klan!

Liane:    And my boy Eric once
   Took Norton's advice on PC Health
   But now when I see him he tells me to reboot myself!

Sheila:   Well, Blame Symantec!
Everyone: Blame Symantec!
Sheila:   It seems that everything's gone wrong
   Since Norton/McAfee came along
Everyone: Blame Symantec!
   Blame Symantec!

   ..... continues ad nauseam, or until you finally uninstall it .....

    cheers,
      DaveK