RE: Is there a UNIX socket test client program (a la NetCat)?

> From Brian Dessent
>> Herb Martin wrote:
>>
>> Is there a UNIX socket test client program (a la NetCat)?
>
> socat using the UNIX-CONNECT: or UNIX-LISTEN: parameters
> ought to work.
> It is not a Cygwin package but it does build without much hassle.

Excellent Brian -- you probably wouldn't believe how
diligently I searched Google for this, and how may
people were unable to offer a suggestion.

(I had also search SourceForge and failed to find it;
although it doesn't have the code there it does have
a project, and a link to the home page of socat.)

I have yet to figure out how to work it (I spent about
an hour with it) so if you know how to get it to work
interactively with a particular UNIX-CONNECT socket
I would appreciate the heads up....

Otherwise, more RTFM for me.  Although I think the only
"fine manual" may be the Man/Info/--help.  I'll have to

Thanks.  I think this is exactly what I needed.

--
Herb