Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:08:36 -0400, emacs user <emacs_user@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Ehud, thnx for the reply; I didn't do any rebasing (don't know what that
>> is), and the problem is that emacs crashes about every 5 minutes, mostly in
>> latex mode when I use the combination of auctex/preview/x-symbol. very
>> painful... I don't have any such difficulties when using precisely the
>> same combination under linux.

1. Run emacs under gdb and see if you can get a stack backtrace
from gdb after emacs dies.  It will depend on how emacs dies
whether you can do this.

2. Failing that, run strace on emacs and send me the output (say,
the last couple thousand lines) after it dies.  I may be able to
deduce something from that.
--
Joe Buehler