RE: setup.exe filename

> Can't you just click on the http://cygwin.com/setup.exe link
> from within IE and say "run"?  There's no need to save it
> anywhere.  This way you will be always be running the latest
> and greatest Cygwin setup.exe.

Sure, you "can" do a lot of things, but this is not necessarily a
customary way to do installs, nor is the newcomer likely to
realize the "setup" doesn't have all of the information and might
wish to keep it for this or another machine.

Which brings up those who wish to make it available for other
(internal) users, and probably most important:

We teach everyone to NEVER RUN a program from the Internet
directly but rather to download it and first virus scan it.

Naming the program "setup.exe" is crude;  it should have a version
number and something about "cygwin" in the name.

Couldn't you just name it something useful? (<ironic grin>)

--
Herb Martin