Re: pid confusion and pstree

On 8/4/05, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> hmmm? why are there zeros on the PGID, and why when using -W does PID
> change to WINPID? BUG?

Actually, I don't know if this is a bug or a documentation shortcoming.
From looking at the source, it looks like cygwin returns the same
number for p->pid and p->dwProcessId when using CW_GETPINFO_FULL.
Shouldn't p->pid still be the Cygwin pid if it exists?

I tried looking at external.cc and it made my head hurt, but I *think* this
would do it (sorry, no time to build right now):

RCS file: /cvs/src/src/winsup/cygwin/external.cc,v
retrieving revision 1.77
diff -r1.77 external.cc
77c77,79
<         ep.pid = p->pid;