Re: Bash 3.00.16(7), paste-from-clipboard binding reset after command execution

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:

> As to whether readline should be prefering your stty settings over your
> .inputrc, I will have to do more investigation.

I reported this upstream, and received this response:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.shells.bash.bugs/8315

Basically, ~/.inputrc settings are parsed only once, while stty settings are
ignored in readline 4.x, reparsed for every command (thus overriding
~/.inputrc) in readline 5.0, and user-settable in the upcoming readline 5.1
whether stty settings are reparsed or ignored for every command.  Readline 5.1
is still in alpha, and while I have tried building it for cygwin, I have yet to
work out all the bugs.  So until then, if you want ~/.inputrc to change the
default meaning of a character that is also assigned to a terminal function
(check "stty -a" for those characters), you have to make stty and ~/.inputrc
agree on what the key will do.

--
Eric Blake