Re: Proposed FAQ in DocBook

On 8/4/05, Larry Hall wrote:
> At 11:13 AM 8/4/2005, you wrote:
> >Yes, as noted they're in the HTML in <a name="..."> tags..., converted from
> >DocBook's id="..." There will of course be a Table of Contents with links so
> >you don't have to look at the HTML to determine this.
>
> Ah, OK.  That's what I was looking for.  I just didn't see it in the page
> you generated so I was concerned that there wouldn't be an easy way to
> find this for cut-and-paste purposes in email responses. I don't know
> why I thought this aspect would elude you though. ;-)

OK, I don't have time to commit everything to CVS and hack up the Makefile
right now, but if these pass inspection I'll probably get to it tomorrow or over
the weekend. The one feature I haven't been able to do is linking back from
the FAQ entry to its place in the table of contents, which is too bad but I
think it's worth it. I'll leave the old FAQ around but all updates
will be in the
DocBook version.

One file:
http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/faq-nochunks.html