Re: Proposed FAQ in DocBook (Attn: tetex maintainer)

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> I'm tired of tip-toeing around the texinfo source for the FAQ just to make
> sure links to the numbered questions work

FYI, "makeinfo --html" will have named anchors (with names being section
headers), and so will "texi2html --node-files" (I also usually use
"--split node").

> so I've converted the source to DocBook and put up preliminary versions:
>
> Several files: http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/faq.html
>
> One file:  http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/new-faq.html
>
> You can link to named sections, for example
> http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/cygwin/new-faq.html#faq.install.disk-space
>
> I haven't done all the stylesheet customizations to make it feel more like
> the old FAQ but I thought I'd put this out for any feedback or comments.

I like the way the new FAQ looks.  One question, however: is DocBook
easily installable on Cygwin?  Can the FAQ be built with the default
settings of Cygwin's DocBook package?  If so, this package should be
listed as a prerequisite for building the Cygwin documentation.

Incidentally, tetex-3.0.0 seems to be missing the texi2html executable (it
was present in tetex-2.0.2).  Jan, any comments?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu