Re: bug report: abort in g++ 3.4.4 generated DLL & client (FAQ alert)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

FYI, the information about all of your upgrades done via Cygwin setup
(including the version you upgraded from) can be obtained from
/var/log/setup.log.

I actually checked this file on my machine (and all others changed recently) and couldn't find anything relevant. However, on the machine of interest (the one that was sane before upgrading), there is more information, among which:

[cygwin] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.5.18-1 src?=no
    categories=All, Base
   [Prev] ver=1.5.17-1
   [Curr] ver=1.5.18-1
     depends=libintl2 & base-passwd & _update-info-dir

In short, cygwin 1.5.17-1 good, 1.5.18-1 bad. As Gerrit wrote from the start.

Or slightly more elaborate: gcc 3.4.4-1 and cygwin 1.5.18-1 are mutually exclusive (at least if you build C++ DLLs) because both teams seem to have developed different opinions on pthread stuff. Are the right people going to hear about this? I'll lurk around on the list to see what happens and pick it up later otherwise.

--
Stein