Re: sshd wouldn't start as a Windows service

Halloechen!

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> writes:

> [...]
>
>> From my old installation, there still is the global environment
>> variable CYGWIN="ntsec tty".  I called ssh-host-config, but
>> copied my old config files over the new ones.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> There's your problem.  You really can't do this unless you change
> the permissions on these files to be owned by SYSTEM.

I did so, but it didn't help.  IIRC, wrong permissions result in
error #1062 rather than #1053.

If I say "export CYGWIN=", does this switch to the most tolerant
mode?

Could it be that I installed too little?  I tried to install as few
things as possible: Just the X server and sshd.  However, I never
removed automatically selected packages.

Tschoe,
Torsten.