Re: strtoumax could not be located in...cygwin1.dll

Eric Blake wrote:

> Ugh, top-posting, reformatting.
>
>>> According to Michael Watson on 7/12/2005 12:03 PM:

>> shell, the

>> dependency walker,

>> walker does

>>> Trying to guess what's on your machine: I suspect there are two
>>> cygwin installations, and that you aren't really running 1.5.18
>>> like you think you are. But to make sure, please follow
>>> directions, and post the cygcheck output:
>>>

>> Thanks for the comments. after i had posted i went to a different
>> mirror and did get 1.5.18, but that exhibited a different error
>> (which had alreayd been reported on the mailing list), so i
>> reverted back to 1.5.17 (with the same problem).
>>
>> i have attached the cygcheck output to this for you to have a
>> look at.
>

> Thanks for the output; it looks like you have just a single
> cygwin1.dll, which is good. However, bash-3.0-7 requires
> cygwin-1.5.18 or better, because that is when strtoumax was
> introduced and bash uses it. You will continue to get the popup
> box, with bash failing to start, until you upgrade to the latest
> cygwin (or downgrade to the earlier bash-2.05b-17 and
> ash-20040127-1), which did not have the dependency. Perhaps when
> you were trying to upgrade cygwin-1.5.18, you got the setup.exe
> popup box telling you that in-use files were replaced, and you
> didn't do the required reboot?
>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Mike
>

> -- Eric Blake volunteer cygwin bash maintainer

Thanks blake,

I will run the setup again later to take the latest versions of
everything and check that i contains the necessary dependencies at the
correct version. i am on a pretty slow connection at the moment so
might leave this until i get nearer a faster one.

thanks for all your help; i will post again once i have the latest of
everything.

Mike

PS apologies for the formatting of the last e-mail; i sent it from the
web client.

mikw